Earn Rebates For Going Solar With Austin Energy’s 2018 Program
Austin Energy is paying local homeowners to install solar panels under their 2018 photovoltaic incentive program. The city of Austin, Texas has a goal of generating 55% of its energy from renewable resources by 2025. Scroll down to get the details about Austin Energy’s Solar Rebate Incentive Program in ATX.
Request a FREE online analysis of how much money you could save with solar power at your location!
Find out how much your Austin Energy rebate is worth!
The Austin Energy Solar Rebate Program – Top 5 Things To Know
- Energy created from solar panels is energy that electric utilities do not have to create from their own power plants. Installing solar panels on your home helps you lower power bills, save money, benefit the environment, and also helps the utility during “peak demand” periods.
- A solar power system becomes your primary power source, with additional power seamlessly available from the Austin Energy power grid.
- Austin, Texas homeowners in the Austin Energy service territory can receive up to $2,500 dollars worth of rebates toward the cost of installing solar panels on a residence. A rebate is available for residential customers in Austin who install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on their homes.
- Leased systems do not qualify for Austin Energy residential solar incentives, and third-party solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) are not allowed in Austin Energy’s service territory.
- Homeowners must use an approved solar contractor (like Alba Energy of Austin).
How A Solar Panel System Works In Austin
Under Austin Energy’s program residential customers are billed for their whole house energy consumption at standard residential rates and then credited at the current Value of Solar Rate ($0.097 per kilowatt-hour), with monthly net excess generation rolled over to the next month, indefinitely.
Locations eligible for the Austin Energy Solar Rebate Incentive
Austin Energy’s territory covers the metropolitan Austin area. The map below shows locations within the Austin Energy service area eligible for the solar rebate:
Bonus Incentive – City Of Sunset Valley Solar Rebate
The City of Sunset Valley will also pay you $1,000 per kilowatt of solar installed, up to a maximum of 3 kilowatts or 3 kW. In order to be eligible for the rebate offered by the City of Sunset Valley Solar Energy Conservation Program, you must first apply and be approved for the Austin Energy rebate so the rebates piggyback on each other.
SMART Solar Financing Available In Austin
With SMART Solar Financing from Alba Energy, going solar on your home is affordable for everyone, allowing you to save money INSTANTLY! That is, the cost of your new power bill + the monthly solar finance cost could be less than your current power bill! It’s a no-brainer!
Installing solar panels in Austin lets you take ownership of your energy supply and costs. Let one of Alba Energy’s 5-star solar professionals show you how to save money with a solar panel installation. Contact Alba Energy of Austin to request a free consultation about going solar TODAY!