Texas solar growth is driven by the best rebates & incentives in the nation.
Texas solar power installations are forecast to grow strong for the foreseeable future thanks to some of the best solar rebates and incentives in the nation. View the information below to learn how the state of Texas is getting away from it’s oil & gas reputation and getting involved with America’s booming solar power industry.
Texas Solar Power Facts
- There are currently more than 460 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Texas, employing 9,396 people, the 3rd highest state for solar employment in America!
- In 2015, Texas installed 212 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it ninth nationally!
- The 589 MW of solar power currently installed in Texas ranks the state tenth in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar installed in the state to power 63,000 homes!
- Installed solar photovoltaic (PV) system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily- by 6% from last year and 53% from 2010!
- The energy from sunshine falling on a single acre of land in West Texas is capable of producing the energy equivalent of 800 barrels of oil each year!
- PV solar energy systems do not require the use of water to create electricity. In a time of record droughts, switching from coal to other cleaner energy sources including solar power would slash water use in the Texas power sector by 21 percent, saving the more than 28 billion gallons of water each year!
- Austin Energy has a 35 percent renewable energy resource goal by 2016 and a solar goal of 600 megawatts (MW) by 2020!
- Austin Energy’s recent 300 MW solar power deal signed in 2015 was their biggest and cheapest deal in Texas!
Texas has a virtually unlimited solar power supply, ranking first in the nation in solar resource potential, with high levels of direct solar radiation. There is enough solar potential in Texas to fulfill the entire world’s power needs twice!
Benefits Of More Solar Power In Texas:
- Saving money on your power bill
- Enjoying reliable, clean power for 25-30 years
- Helping to boost our state’s economy by creating jobs and new solar companies
Solar power in Texas generates clean, renewable energy. Unlike fossil fuels, there are no carbon emissions or other dangerous pollutants from solar. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates the average American home emits approximately 10.97 metric tons of CO2 per year due to energy usage.
Join The Texas Solar Power Revolution!
There’s never been a better time to go solar in Texas! In addition to the cost declines we’ve seen in past years, a 30% Federal Tax Credit is currently available on the purchase and installation of a solar power system. Plus, Alba Energy offers $0 Down Solar Financing Programs!
Alba Energy is proud to be one of the leading providers of solar power installations in Texas, allowing us to offer solar power across Texas at incredible prices!