Earn Rebates for Going Solar in Denton, Texas – Up to $30,000 Dollars!
ACT FAST – City of Denton offers up to $30,000 rebate for going solar for a very limited time!
Denton Municipal Electric (DME) is paying local homeowners to install solar panels under their 2018 distributed generation program. Effective October 1, 2018, DME’s Solar Incentive has changed from being a flat rebate to a tiered rebate. Funding was increased to $500,000. Scroll down to learn more about rebates for going solar in Denton.
Request a FREE online analysis of how much money you could save with solar power in Denton!
Find out how much your solar rebate is worth from Denton Municipal Electric!
Solar Panel Rebates in Denton, Texas – Top 5 Things To Know
- Energy created from solar panels is energy that electric utilities do not have to create from their own power plants. Installing solar panels on your home helps you lower power bills, save money, benefit the environment, and also helps the utility during “peak demand” periods.
- Denton, Texas homeowners in the DME service territory can receive up to $30,000 dollars worth of rebates toward the cost of installing solar panels on a residence. A rebate is available for residential customers in Denton who install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on their homes.
- Effective October 2018, a tiered rebate program is now in effect, with separate tiers for systems with and without energy storage (batteries). See below for incentive levels.
- This rebate program is limited to $500,000 in total funding. Rebates WILL run out, so ACT FAST to secure yours before then!
- Homeowners must use an approved solar contractor (like Alba Energy of Dallas).
Going Solar in Denton, Texas – How It Works
Under Denton Municipal ’s program residential customers are billed for their whole house energy consumption at standard residential rates and then credited for any excess solar energy sent back into the grid. In the diagram below (1) is solar panel absorption of sunlight in AC energy form. (2) an inverter changes the AC energy into DC form. (3) solar energy is sent into the home for immediate use when needed. any unused or excess solar energy goes through the power meter (4) where it is credited to your account and put into (5) the local power grid.
Tiered Rebates for Denton Energy’s Solar Panel Incentive
The rebate is tiered, so the final dollar amount will depend on how large of a system you install:
For Solar ONLY Installs (No Batteries) The Rebate Is As Follows:
3.0 kW to 5.0 kW 80¢ per AC Watt
5.1 kW to 10.0 kW 60¢ per AC Watt
Above 10.1 kW 40¢ per AC Watt
For Solar with Battery Storage:
3.0 kW to 5.0 kW $1.20 per AC Watt
5.1 kW to 10.0 kW 90¢ per AC Watt
Above 10.1 kW 60¢ per AC Watt
All incentives are to be an amount up to $30,000, not to exceed 50% of total project cost.
Solar Rebate Example:
5 kW system size or 5,000 watts
$0.80 x 5,000 watts = $4,000 eligible rebate. *Note there is also a 30% Federal Tax Credit available on all solar panel installations through 12/31/2019.
SMART Solar Financing Available In Denton, Texas
With SMART Solar Financing from Alba Energy, going solar on your home is affordable for everyone, allowing you to save money INSTANTLY! That is, the cost of your new power bill + the monthly solar finance cost could be less than your current power bill! It’s a no-brainer!