Job Opening: Solar Installer
Install residential PV Solar Arrays.
Work as a team to install PV Solar Array Systems in accordance with codes and standards using construction approved design plans, schematics and instructions.
Stage projects for execution, taking inventory of supplies provided, loading/unloading supplies, etc.
Maintain a clean work area and job site, leaving the site in better shape than you arrived too.
Attend mandatory team meetings and training sessions as needed.
Routine Job Functions/Abilities
- Running Conduit
- Taking quality/focused photos
- Working outdoors in various conditions for extended periods of time
- Operating Power and Hand Tools
- Bending Pipe
- Assembling Solar Components
- Reading, Writing, Verbally Communicating
- Climbing ladders, working on roofs, in attics, etc.
- Kneeling, crawling, standing, sitting, etc for extended periods of time
Pay Classification and Working Conditions
Hourly, non-exempt. 40 hrs/week with routine before-business and some after-business hours required to the extent that enables jobs start/end on time. Routine travel <100 miles on a day-to-day basis. Overnight travel is required on occasion (approximately 10% of the time). This position reports to the Construction Manager and indirectly to the Project Manager.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
All skill levels considered based upon position openings.
All Skill Level Requirements
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 70 lbs, climb ladders, maneuver roofs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions (heat, cold, etc) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work on your feet, kneel, crawl, climb, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in conditions of considerable heights and steep surfaces (roofs).
- Must own and track/maintain your own hand tools.
- Some construction/manual labor experience.
- Reliable transportation.
- Punctuality is a must. Transportation to/from the job site in a company vehicle is provided.
- Tobacco use on or in sight of a project location is strictly prohibited.
- Superior hydration practices, good grooming and personal hygiene.
- OSHA 10 certification within 6 months of employment required. (Company paid)
- Valid Texas Apprentice Electrician License.
Moderate/Advanced Skill Level Requirements and Preferences
- Valid Texas Apprentice, Wireman’s, Journeyman or Master Electrician License
- Minimum 1 year construction experience, solar experience preferred.
- Comprehension of NEC and area AHJ/Utility code and regulations: particularly City of Austin, City of San Antonio, Austin Energy and CPS Energy.
- NABCEP Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Clean Driving Record
Candidates should e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com