Job Opening: Solar Installation Crew Lead
Install residential PV Solar Arrays.
Supervises and leads a team of installers to install PV Solar Array Systems in accordance with codes and standards in a safe manner using construction approved design plans, schematics and instructions.
Produces daily written and photographic reports on job progress/completion for internal project team members; serves as in-field liaison to office project development staff, offering and obtaining support from each other as needed.
Directly responsible for building the BoS, system testing and monitoring set up; takes ownership for completing the installation in a thorough, safe and timely fashion; trains crew on best practices and methodology.
Attend mandatory team meetings and training sessions as needed.
Pay Classification and Working Conditions
Hourly, non-exempt. 40 hrs/week with routine before-business and some after-business hours required to the extent that enables jobs start/end on time. Routine travel <100 miles on a day-to-day basis. Overnight travel is required on occasion (approximately 10% of the time). This position reports to the Construction Manager and indirectly to the Project Manager.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ solar installation experience; some experience as a Crew Lead preferred.
- Candidates must have a valid Texas Electrician’s license at the time of application (Wireman’s or Journeyman).
- Thorough working comprehension of NEC and area AHJ/Utility code and regulations: particularly City of Austin, City of San Antonio, Austin Energy and CPS Energy is a must.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 70 lbs, climb ladders, maneuver roofs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions (heat, cold, etc) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work on your feet, kneel, crawl, climb, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in conditions of considerable heights and steep surfaces (roofs).
- Must own and track/maintain your own hand tools.
- Reliable transportation.
- Punctuality is a must. Transportation to/from the job site in a company vehicle is provided.
- Tobacco use on or in sight of a project location is strictly prohibited.
- Superior hydration practices, good grooming, personal hygiene and customer service skills a must.
- OSHA 10 certification preferred; OSHA 30 within 6 months of employment required. (Company paid)
- Other Certifications/Skills preferred: NABCEP, CPR/First Aid, Spanish Speaking, etc.
Candidates should e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com