Job Opening: Master Electrician
Perform routine and complex service upgrades for Residential and Commercial electrical services. Installs the balance of systems (Solar Equipment) on the service wall and interconnects the PV solar array. May also sometimes perform auxiliary electrical services such as the installation of EV (Electric Vehicle) outlets, coordinate the installation and integration of generators and battery systems and other non-solar electrical services work. In conjunction with others, build, enforce and improve quality best practices for electrical functions and field operations.
Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and technical practices, leading by example; ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
In conjunction with others, assists in the selection and implementation of new product lines.
Works closely with Engineering/Design Manager to ensure technical integrity of plans and up-to-date code compliance.
Provides prompt desktop and/or on site assessments of electrical service conditions as needed.
Attends spot location meetings and/or final inspections as needed.
In conjunction with the Master of Record, keeps Alba management and staff apprised of changing code and general requirements (NEC, AHJ and Utility); ensuring applicable personnel are trained according to current industry standards and company best practices.
May work independently of Alba’s installation crews, serving as a Residential Crew Leader as needed. May also be called upon to perform the work of lower electricians periodically.
Other Duties as assigned.
Pay Classification and Working Conditions
Annual salary, exempt. 40 hrs/week with occasional before and after-business hours required. This position is an 70/30 split between field and office work, respectively. This position reports to the Director of Operations, and routinely takes instruction from the Master Electrician of Record and Project Managers. Travel in excess of 100 mi/day with overnight stays may be required on occasion.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Alba Energy is a TECL company; while this position is not the Master of Record, it is preferred that your Master’s License is available to Alba as Master of Record in the event of sudden loss, promotion or Company expansion.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs, climb ladders, maneuver roofs, work in confined spaces, working at elevated heights and working outdoors.
- Minimum 8 years construction experience, with a minimum of one year as Master Electrician. Candidates with Solar Experience are given preference, though it is not a firm requirement.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Thorough working knowledge of NEC and area AHJ/Utility code and regulations (particularly CoSA, CoA, AE and CPS) as well as AC and DC systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and other diagrams, and ability to build per plans.
- Color Vision
- NABCEP Certification preferred or obtained within first year of employment.
- OSHA 30 preferred or obtained within first 6 months of employment.
Candidates should e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com