Job Opening: Lead Site Assessor
Assess potential project sites for solar viability; perform warranty, operations and maintenance support to existing customers.
Receives requests for site assessments from an internal source, contacts customers directly within 24 hours to schedule a site assessment in accordance with company protocol and deadlines; utilizing company calendar to track site visits.
In conjunction with a dedicated team mate, conducts the site assessment which includes, but is not limited to: measuring and assessing the condition of: roof space, ground space, service panel and any existing subpanels, attic space, water/gas conditions, shading, etc.
Produces a thorough written report and photo documentation of site conditions using company provided apps and software promptly upon site assessment completion; submits report to internal design and operations team for final design.
Post Installation Services:
Via issued work ticket, coordinates a scheduled appointment time directly with customers to complete work ticket; utilizing company calendar to track site visits. Common work ticket services include, but are not limited to: completion of monitoring set-up, systems testing, inspection corrections, completion of installation photos, etc.
Closes tickets in a timely fashion in accordance with Company protocol and reports back to design and operations team any updates, changes or report of completion.
Warranty and Maintenance:
Via issued work ticket, coordinates a scheduled appointment time directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues; utilizing company calendar to track visits.
Submits RMA requests and replacement part orders to the Design Manager for prompt order/replacement.
In conjunction with the Design Manager, tracks the delivery of replacement parts and schedules return visits for repair directly with the customer.
Documents the progress of work and finished result via written report and photo documentation.
Informs Customer, Design and Operations team when ticket is closed/problem resolved.
May be asked to deliver parts to project sites for install crews as needed.
May be asked to assist on solar installations as needed.
Provides Warranty Manager with reports as needed.
Pay Classification and Working Conditions
Hourly, non-exempt. 40 hrs/week; some before and after-business hours on overtime required. Routine day travel <100 miles each way. Occasional overnight travel (approximately 5% of the time). This position reports to the Service and Warranty Manager and is an 80/20 split between field and office work, respectively.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions (heat, cold, confined spaces, etc) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work on your feet, kneel, crawl, climb, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in conditions of considerable heights and steep surfaces (roofs).
- Solar experience, thorough working knowledge of monitoring systems and solar array mechanics and experience troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience working in warranty and maintenance, roofing, landscaping/arborist work, Surveying, CAD design or related fields helpful.
- Working knowledge of e-mail, word processing programs, Excel, and the ability to learn peripheral apps and software (Site Capture, Salesforce, etc). Working knowledge of Suneye, Pathfinder, NEC and local utility codes helpful (particularly Austin and San Antonio).
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation (company vehicle provided for work use).
- Tobacco use on or in sight of a project location is strictly prohibited.
- Professional appearance and demeanor; good grooming and personal hygiene.
- Superior customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Texas Apprentice or Electrician’s license preferred.
- NABCEP Certification preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Candidates should e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org